Peace work not only requires planning and implementation but also monitoring and evaluation for it to be effective and sustainable. This module will equip participants with basic knowledge and skills for use in monitoring and evaluating peace work initiatives in their own organisations and contexts. Taking a hands-on approach to learning and cognisant of the constraints that may be there in the real world, each participant will identify a peace initiative or strategy within their own context and plan on how to evaluate it. Upon successful completion of the module the participant will be able to:
- Distinguish between a project and a program
- Design and conduct monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of projects in the real world
- Use the monitoring and evaluation data collected to improve peace projects
- Work with stakeholders for sustainability of peace work projects
- Uphold evaluation standards in conduct of project evaluations
- Appreciate the role of M&E in tracking performance of peace projects.