The API 2022 Annual Training will be held online due to on-going Covid-19 limitations. Participants should have access to a good internet connection and a mobile device (computer is recommended, or cell phone) with a camera and microphone. Orientation to the online tools will be offered prior to the training. It is strongly recommended (but not required) for all participants to attend this Orientation.
Courses are grouped into tracks or themes: Peacebuilding Track and Community Development Track. Applicants may register for all the courses in one track (this is recommended) or choose courses from both tracks.
Instruction will be given in English. Limited translation may be provided, depending on the need and resources available. This will be decided by the number of non-English speaking applications received.
Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
The cost per course is USD $200 and includes all expenses related to the course (registration, facilitation, course materials, online tools, etc.).
Scholarships are available to eligible applicants. These are limited and given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- MCC Scholarship for any applicant who is recommended by MCC. This covers the registration costs of up to 4 courses.
- Youth Scholarship for any applicant who is a woman or youth (35 years or less). This covers the registration costs of up to 4 courses.
Please consider that additional costs may be needed but are not included in the registration (local transport, data bundles or other technology, printing, meals or accommodation). These costs are for the participant.
Per course: USD $200
MCC Scholarship: up to $800
Youth Scholarship: up to $800
How to Apply
Step 1: Apply online by 1 July 2022
Step 2: Receive Registration letter and Invoice (if needed) within one week of application.
Step 3: Pay registration fee in full (if needed) by 15 July 2022
Interested applicants should meet the following qualifications:
- Ability to communicate (write and speak) in English,
- Access to good internet connection and a mobile device (computer is preferred, or cell phone) with a camera and microphone,
- Basic understanding of online tools (Email, Zoom, Google Drive),
- Basic understanding or experience in peacebuilding and/or related areas of community development work,
- Ability to clearly outline goals and action plans for applying course learnings to their personal context (see Application form),
- Willingness to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct and policies (see Application form),
- Commitment to attend and actively participate in all sessions of the course/s (see Attendance policy),
- Commitment to open dialogue and active listening, peace, non-violence and reconciliation.
Participants are invited to attend a Graduation Ceremony following the close of the annual training. They will receive a Certificate of Completion recognizing their achievement in the Africa Peacebuilding Institute. Certificates are awarded to participants who fulfil the requirements of their course (see Attendance policy and the specific course syllabus).
Alumni will be contacted in formal and informal interviews following their Graduation. They are invited to share their experience of API, as well as give testimonials of how they have applied learnings from API in their community. This encourages alumni to continue to grow and practice peacebuilding long after they leave API. Furthermore, this information is important in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) to continue to improve the API annual training.
Annual Training begins 1 August 2022
Apply today to avoid disappointment!